The purpose of this policy is to honor the privacy and security of any data collected from visitors to the PEAK 15 Systems website, as PEAK 15 Systems acts as a Personal Data Controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Cookie: A small file of letters and numbers that is stored on a user’s browser or the hard drive of the user’s device. Cookies allow website owners to link the actions of users during a browser session.
First-party cookie: Cookies set by a website that the user is visiting at the time (e.g., cookies placed by an organization website domain).
Third-party cookie: Cookies set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user (e.g., when a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website).
Persistent cookies: These cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. Every time the user revisits the website, the cookies are activated.
Session cookies: These cookies are temporary, once a browser is closed, all session cookies are deleted.
This policy describes the types of cookies that are used on the PEAK 15 Systems website and the purposes for which they are used.
Visitors to the PEAK 15 Systems website will see a cookie banner displayed. This is required for the types of cookies that are used by the organization. The following list of types of cookies may serve multiple purposes.
4.1.1 Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly necessary cookies allow the user to navigate around the website and use essential features (such as secure areas). They are used:
- To identify and authenticate the user.
- To ensure the user connects to the correct website service.
- For security purposes.
4.1.2 Performance Cookies
Performance cookies collect information about how users use the website, for example, which pages a user visits and if there are any errors during that visit. Performance cookies do not collect identifiable information about the user. Some PEAK 15 Systems performance cookies may be managed by third parties. Performance cookies are used to:
- Provide statistics on website use and for web analytics purposes.
- Provide feedback to affiliates and to carry out affiliate tracking.
- Gather data on how many users of the website viewed particular services or products.
- Improve the website by measuring errors.
- Test designs of the website.
4.1.3 Functionality Cookies
Functionality cookies provide services to users or remember settings for users. Some PEAK 15 Systems functionality cookies may be managed by third parties. Functionality cookies are used to:
- Remember layout, text size, or color preferences for unique users.
- Remember when users have already been asked to fill in a survey.
- Remember when users have visited or engaged with specific website components.
- Show users when they are logged in to the website.
- Show embedded videos.
4.1.4 Targeting Cookies
Targeting cookies are used to track user visits to the website, and other websites, apps and online services. Targeting cookies are used to:
- Display targeted ads within the website.
- Improve the delivery of personalized content and ads and to measure ad campaign success through the website.
All cookies require user consent before being placed on a user device. Consent can be given by clicking on the appropriate button in the cookie banner displayed to the user. If a user does not wish to give consent or would like to withdraw their consent to any cookies at any time, the user will need to delete and block or disable cookies via their browser settings. Disabling cookies affects website functionality and may prevent user access to particular features of the website.
4.3 How to Delete and Block Cookies